Welcome to CHEC
Community Health & Enterprise Centre for the Telford & Wrekin Area
What is it?
- A community resource centre which promotes health and learning through access to information, services and training, within a multi-agency environment
- We strives to provide what people need, where they live, within areas of social deprivation, to tackle health inequalities.
- Funded through a number of grants including SRB3 – Part of Madeley Challenge. Opened in September 1999.
A number of other agencies also offer sessions from CHEC which include:
- Wide variety of Community Education courses run by TCAT and Relate
- Green Gym – Contact Cliff Hallam on 07949 823973
- Counselling with CBT therapists: IAPT therapist; GP Counselling; Cruse (bereavement counselling)
- Astons @ CHEC – Fresh cooked food available in the Cafe Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am till 3pm and Sundays 10am till 4pm with sunday lunches to eat in or take away served from 1pm
- Homeopathy – returning to CHEC 1st Thursday of each month starting March 2015
- Quit 51 – Stop smoking service clinic at CHEC on Wednesday’s from 9am – 12.30pm starting 8th April 2015 – Phone 0800 622 6968 or text ‘smokefree’ to 66777
CHEC Puts Health at the Heart of the Community